Lex Parker Design Consultants Ltd. celebrates an extensive portfolio that includes projects in the fields of:
- Corporate Offices
- Retail Stores
- Condominium Lobby and Public Spaces
- Custom Homes
- Home Renovations/Additions
- Space Planning
- Custom Cabinetry/Millwork
- Kitchen/Bath Design
- Outdoor Kitchens
Healthcare and Retirement Home Facilities
Yacht Interiors and Entertainment Vessels
What Do Interior Designers Do?
Interior designers are creative, imaginative and artistic professionals who are also disciplined, organized and skilled in business. Combining knowledge with aesthetic vision, interior designers work with clients and other design professionals to develop design solutions that are functional, support the health and safety of the users, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants and are aesthetically attractive. Designs must satisfy the needs and resources of the client, adhere to code and regulatory requirements and encourage the principles of environmental sustainability.
While each project is different and the scope of services to be provided varies, an interior designer will generally perform the following services on an interior design project:
- Oversee the interior design process, including project budgeting and schedules.
- Analyze the client’s needs and goals.
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design, sector and economic trends and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate preliminary design concepts/floor plans that are functional, fiscally appropriate and aesthetically pleasing.
- Develop and present final design recommendations.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for interior construction: space planning, materials, finishes, furnishings, lighting, fixtures and equipment.
- Collaborate with other practitioners who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design as required for regulatory approvals (building permits).
- Prepare contract documents and administer bids as the client’s agent.
- Review and evaluate construction during implementation and coordinate completion of project with consultant team.
In addition, on some more extensive projects an interior designer may:
- Act as Project Manager on behalf of the client to manage the project teams through all phases of the project.
- Develop and implement a branding and communications strategy in relation to the project.
- Undertake feasibility studies on potential facilities and coordinate with real estate professionals.