Interior design is an integral part of architecture, focused on creating interior spaces that make the building both functional and aesthetically appealing.
Our interior designers are creative, imaginative and artistic professionals who are also disciplined, organized and skilled in business.
Elegance in Every Corner.
Our interior designers are creative, imaginative and artistic professionals who are also disciplined, organized and skilled in business. Combining knowledge with aesthetic vision, we work with clients and other design professionals to develop design solutions that are functional, support the health and safety of the users, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants and are aesthetically attractive. Designs must satisfy the needs and resources of the client, adhere to code and regulatory requirements and encourage the principles of environmental sustainability.
While each project is different and the scope of services to be provided varies, as interior designers, we will generally perform the following services on an interior design project:
- Oversee the interior design process, including project budgeting and schedules.
- Analyze the client’s needs and goals.
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design, sector and economic trends and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate preliminary design concepts/floor plans that are functional, fiscally appropriate and aesthetically pleasing.
- Develop accessibility needs as required.
- Develop and present final design recommendations.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for interior construction: space planning, materials, finishes, furnishings, lighting, fixtures and equipment.
- Collaborate with other practitioners who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design as required for regulatory approvals (building permits).
- Prepare contract documents and administer bids as the client’s agent.
- Review and evaluate construction during implementation and coordinate completion of project with consultant team.
In addition, on some more extensive projects, we may also:
- Act as Project Manager on behalf of the client to manage the project teams through all phases of the project.
- Develop and implement a branding and communications strategy in relation to the project.
- Undertake feasibility studies on potential facilities and coordinate with real estate professionals.
Whenever an organization is undergoing change whether it be relocating, re-planning an existing facility, accommodating growth in headcount or indeed contraction, then the working space needs to be planned in an informed and considered way.
Space planning is the process of establishing and incorporating individual, group and organizational needs along with all of the required shared facilities within a building and to identify the amount and type of space required either in existing accommodation or potential new locations.
The success of any a given space planning exercise has a direct relationship with the quality and level of consultation carried out and if done correctly will include briefings and discussions with not only management but just as importantly, the end users of the space.
Working space is expensive, too much is wasteful and expensive, too little can seriously impair performance of the workforce.
Right sizing a facility to include planned growth will pay dividends, and enable inevitable future change to be as painless, cost effective as possible.
Whilst space planning has its roots in the more pragmatic end of the design spectrum, head counts, workstation standards, departmental locations etc., it is also a highly creative process and provides the foundations upon which great places to work are created.